Ever since i bleached my hair to achieve ombre style, i looked for ways to repair the damage. Browsing on the Internet, flipping trough the magazines, consulting my hair stylist i learned a lot. Here are some of the easiest tips to make you're hair healthy again.
- Don´t wash your hair everyday, instead try using dry shampoo or baby powder on the second day
- Shampoo twice
- Always use conditioner after shampooing
- Apply conditioner on damp, not dripping wet hair
- When brushing hair, start at the ends and work your way up, this way you prevent hair pulling
- Use hair masks at least once a week
- Don´t use hair masks to often, it will weight down your hair
- If you plan on straightening your hair, let them air dry, don´t use heat twice
- When straightening hair make sure you use highest temperature (it is a lot more damaging if you use lower setting and go over your hair multiple times)
- Before using heat always apply heat protecting spray.
- Trim your hair once every 2-3 months, to prevent hair splits and hair thinning
- Use hair oils on ends, oil seals the ends and prevents them from splitting
- Don´t wear your hair in a ponytail too often (ponytail weakens the hair and also makes your hair get oily faster)
- Don´t make your ponytail too tight
- If you choose to color your hair, chose temporary hair dye, it is a lot less damaging and if you change your mind or don´t like it anymore, you don´t have to grow them out or bleach them
Hope you found these tips useful.