Thursday, January 30, 2014

Best of 2013 - Eyes




Well hello,

even though I love lipsticks and blushes way more than eyeshadow,  last year I played with eyeshadow quite a bit. So let´s take a look at my fave eye products of 2013.

I have been using Prime and Fine from Catrice Cosmetics as an eyeshadow primer for a long time now, It also made it in my 2012 favourites. I had a love and hate relationship with this one, since it is made for the face, where it failed miserably. My oily skin was  an even oilier mess and I was ready to throw it away. Then I used it on my eyes and I couldn´t believe how great it works. It doesn´t creases, eyeshadow stays on for hours and hours and it is very buttery. It really is the best. And so affordable. Winning combination! Mine is pretty beat up that is why I added an official picture.

Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner


I also caved in all the hype about Maybelline 24hr Color Tatoos, and I obviously fell in love in them. I own three shades, but my fave is Permanent Taupe (I still don´t get the different names!), which is perfect neutral matte  shade for everyday  use. It has been my winter must have. I have been using it as an eyeshadow base as well as on its own. Equally beautiful.

left to right: Permanent Taupe, Prime and Fine

For a single eyeshadow I have to mention Catrice Cosmetics Liquid metal eyeshadow in the shade  All real Gold. This one came out in a collection, but they have many beautiful shades in the permanent range now. The pigmentation is phenomenal and staying power as well. You have to check them out.




Now for the favourite palette. I finally own The Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. And I am amazed with the quality and beauty of the shadows. It is probably my number one product for the 2013. I will do a review on this one soon.




My fave eyeliner is  a repeat from 2012 favourites, but what can I  say? I always go back to it. Its Catrice Cosmetics Kohl Kajal eyeliner. It´s very creamy,  pigmented and long lasting. I have been using black and brown eyeliner as well.


And lastly, fave mascara. I finally found a mascara that I love more that Maybelline Falsies mascara. Even though they come pretty close, I just prefer Maxfactor 2000 Calorie. It is extremely black, ,thickening and voluming. In the last year I probably repurchased it about three times.



And that is all for eye favourites. The last category is coming up shortly.




Love,  










No comments:

Post a Comment